(Immigration and Asylum Chamber) Appeal Number: PA/03036/2020
THE IMMIGRATION ACTS
Heard at Field House
Decision & Reasons Promulgated
On the 28th October 2021
On the 16th November 2021
UPPER TRIBUNAL JUDGE SHERIDAN
(ANONYMITY DIRECTIOn made)
SECRETARY OF STATE FOR THE HOME DEPARTMENT
For the Appellant: Ms Lanigan, Counsel instructed by Virgo Solicitors
For the Respondent: Mr Melvin, Senior Home Office Presenting Officer
1. The appellant is appealing against a decision of Judge of the First-tier Tribunal Colvin ("the judge") promulgated on 14 April 2021.
2. The judge allowed the appeal on human rights and humanitarian protection grounds but not on asylum grounds.
3. In a rule 24 response dated 27 July 2021 the respondent accepted that the appeal should have been allowed on asylum grounds.
4. At the hearing, the parties agreed to the proceedings being disposed of by a consent order.
5. Pursuant to Rule 39 of the Tribunal Procedure (Upper Tribunal) Rules 2008 and by the consent of the parties I make the following order:
6. The decision of the First-tier Tribunal to allow the appellant's appeal on humanitarian and human rights grounds stands.
7. The decision of the First-tier Tribunal to dismiss the appellant's asylum appeal is set aside and remade by allowing the appeal on asylum grounds.
Upper Tribunal Judge Sheridan
Dated: 28 October 2021