- Case title:
- Appellant name:
- Status of case: Unreported
- Hearing date:
- Promulgation date:
- Publication date:
- Last updated on:
(Immigration and Asylum Chamber) Appeal Number: PA/03368/2020
THE IMMIGRATION ACTS
Decision & Reasons Promulgated
On the 19 April 2023
UPPER TRIBUNAL JUDGE BRUCE
(anonymity direction made)
Secretary of State for the Home Department
1. The Appellant is a national of El Salvador born in 1987. He appealed to this Tribunal, with permission, against the decision of the First-tier Tribunal (Judge Alis) to dismiss his appeal on protection and human rights grounds. On the 1st July 2022 I set that decision aside.
2. The matter was then adjourned pending publication of the El Salvador ‘country guidance’. That decision is now available: EMAP (Gang violence – Convention Reason) El Salvador CG  UKUT 00335 (IAC).
3. In response to my directions of the 1st February 2023 the parties have both indicated that they consider the most appropriate disposal to be that this matter is now remitted to be heard by a Judge of the First-tier Tribunal other than Judge Alis. I agree.
4. The appeal is allowed.
5. The matter is remitted to the First-tier Tribunal to be heard afresh by a Judge other than Judge Alis.
6. There is at present an order for anonymity, in the following terms:
“Unless and until a tribunal or court directs otherwise, the Appellant is granted anonymity. No report of these proceedings shall directly or indirectly identify him, any of his witnesses or any member of his family. This direction applies to, amongst others, both the Appellant and the Respondent. Failure to comply with this direction could lead to contempt of court proceedings”.
Upper Tribunal Judge Bruce
12th April 2023